Here at St Francis Catholic Primary School we provide school meals which are cooked on site with fresh locally sourced ingredients. The meals are provided by Facilities Management run by Bradford Council. There is a school meals app for smart phones which is available from the app store. This gives you all the information you need regarding menus and ingredients including all allergen information.
Click here to see our school meals menu
Introducing the new school meals app from Bradford Council
There is now a great new way to get all the information you need about the meals at your child’s school. Our new school meals app lets you find out about the meals we serve in school in a quicker and more convenient way.
You’ll be able to instantly discover what’s on the menu in school on any given day. There is also other easily accessible information, from the 'Scores on the Doors' of the kitchen through to information on any allergens, and the nutritional breakdown of the dishes we provide.
There will also be sustainability benefits in replacing our printed menu flyers with the app. We’re committed to doing our bit to help improve the environment, and the app allows us to stop the printing of over 90,000 flyers each year. This will reduce our carbon footprint by eliminating the paper usage, the chemicals and processes used in the printing process, and the delivery of these flyers across the district.
To download the app click on this link: https://www.bradford.gov.uk/education-and-skills/school-meals/primary-school-meals-app/
Cost of a school meal
The cost of a school meal for pupils in Nursery is £1.80 and Years 3 to 6 is £2 per day. We operate Parent Pay in school for payment of school meals.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
Children in Years FS2 - Year 2 are entitled in Universal Infant Free School meals which allows them a have a free school meal every day. Universal Infant Free School meals is not benefited related, but if you are entitled to benefit related free meals please apply for these as this will allow you to access other benefits as well.
Am I eligible for Free School Meals?
You can apply for school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school or call the Education Service on 01274 439393)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income threshold of less than £7,400
How to apply for Free School Meals
You can apply for benefit related free school meals from Bradford Council on their website: https://www.bradford.gov.uk/benefits/applying-for-benefits/free-school-meals/
The process is very easy to follow. You will need the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Your Address including Postcode
- Your Date of Birth and National Insurance number
- The full names of your children
- The Date of Birth of your children
- The name and address of their school
This application should be made by the person receiving the qualifying benefit.